INKtober was created by American artist, Jake Parker as a challenge to improve inking skills and develop positive drawing habits. Every October artists from all over the world take on the INKtober drawing challenge: doing one ink drawing a day for the entire month.
Our very own founder and owner, Francois Marais is known around the FMA offices for his exceptional drawing skills, and has decided to take up the INKtober challenge.
Follow Francois’ INKtober journey from 1 October on:
You don’t have to be a professional artist to take part in INKtober. Anyone can pick up a pen and start drawing!
What are the INKtober rules?
- Make a drawing in ink – you can do a pencil under-drawing if you want.
- Post it on your social media channels.
- Hashtag it with #inktober.
- Repeat. You can do it daily, or go the half-marathon route and post every second day.
- You can even do a post once a week.
- Whatever you decide, just be consistent with it.
INKtober is about growing and improving, and forming positive habits.
The more consistent you are, the better.
For more information on INKtober, visit www.inktober.com.